I’ve just read that you’re going to get rid of BBC 3 Not some of its programming, then entire channel. This strikes me as a bit of an overreaction to your budgetary issues.
So, to help you out, I’ve made a list of things to get rid of instead of BBC3.
- Pointless and expensive outdoor live news reports where absolutely nothing is happening
- The Voice UK and its relentless message of instant fame
- Dragon’s Den and its culture of casual bullying
- A *small* selection of your many, many cookery shows
- The One Show. It’s painful and shames us all
- One or two of your many, many home improvement / home selling / home buying shows. Especially anything featuring Nick Knowles.
- Weather forecasts on the local news – it’s not that big a country!
- A few of the plethora of overlapping radio stations you maintain
- Jeremy Clarkson. I think we both know why.
You’re welcome. Bear in mind, this list isn’t finite. Please do let me know if you’d like any other suggestions. I’m barely scratching the surface here.
A fan of BBC3.
(And BBC1, 2 and 4)